domestic and commerical electricians


keeping you connected all year round

Local Approved Electricians

Our local Electricians carry out a range of services across the Cheshire area and are qualified to provide installations, repairs, and attend emergencies 24/7.

Electrical Installations

All parts of your electrical system, including circuit breakers and boards, earthing points, fuse board upgrades, structured cabling, and fire alarms, may be installed, extended, or adapted by our trained electricians. We install and replace new light fixtures and switches, as well as designing and installing new lighting systems.

Emergency Electrician

Our qualified electricians are available for any electrical emergency and can be called out for any problem. We can provide repairs as quickly as possible through our emergency electrician services. Just call the emergency number.

Electrical Repairs

Our highly trained electricians carry out a wide range of repairs and compliance testing on a daily basis and can visit residential or commercial properties to assess a problem and provide a quote for you to approve before carrying out the necessary repair work.

Electrical services for Cheshire and the surrounding areas

Workmanship and Material Guarantees

We provide a 12-month craftsmanship warranty on most of our works for your peace of mind. If we are unable to fulfill the 12-month labor guarantee due to the nature of some tasks or repairs, such as drain obstructions, this will be clearly stated on your invoice.
Woodhouse's materials and parts will be protected by a manufacturer's guarantee or warranty. This typically ensures that damaged items are replaced or repaired within a set time frame, usually 12 months.
Guarantees are legally binding, and instructions on how to file a claim should be given. This is in addition to your buyer's rights, which should be laid out in the guarantee. If you have any questions, please contact one of our helpful call center representatives or your tradesperson.

Electrical FAQs

What should I do if my power goes off?

On your fuse board, try to locate which circuit has tripped. If possible, unplug all items on that circuit, then plug them back in one by one to determine what is causing the trip. If this is not successful, call Woodhouse, and one of our experts will be happy to assist.

How can I get an estimate for some Electrical work?

Please complete our 'make a booking form', and we will be in touch with the next steps for all estimates and quotations.

What are your Charges?

We don't charge any call-out fees. All our work is quoted prior to work commencing or completed on our hourly rate. Please get in touch with your enquiry, and we'll happily advise on costs.

How can I tell if I need a rewire?

If you have an older property that hasn't been tested in a few years, it's worth having a periodic inspection. Warning signs that you may need a rewire include minor shocks from switches and sockets, fuses tripping, or damaged or exposed worn cable; if any of these apply to you, you should contact a qualified electrician or enquire about our electrician services.

What is an EICR and who needs it?

Having an Electrical Installation Condition Report completed at your property is a legal requirement if you are a landlord and you rent your property out. You must have an EICR completed every 5 years or after a change of occupancy to ensure where appropriate that the installation is compliant with the current version of BS7671.

If you are experiencing problems with your installation or are having tripping issues, it is a good idea to have an EICR completed as this will give you an idea of the condition of the cabling within your property.

What is PAT testing and who needs it?

PAT stands for Portable Appliance Testing, and it is used to test any electrical appliance that can be moved and connected or detached from an electrical source.

It is critical to keep any electrical equipment that has the potential to cause injury in good working order. As a result, if you are a company owner, landlord, equipment user, or facility manager, you should have PAT testing performed on a regular basis.

What qualifications do Woodhouse Have?

Our electricians are NICEIC approved and fully qualified City and Guilds professionals who work to British Standards BS 7671.

Lots of happy customers

Get in touch today for property maintenance and improvement services

Book Now